Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Question On Love

As I have taken such a drastic step back from being involved in romantic relationships I have began to really wonder about something:

How is it possible to truly love someone completely and without fault?
Sure, in relationships, you gain your companion's trust and respect is earned, but is that true love? How can one person establish such a true relationship with another? How do you love someone for everything that they do and "are" as well as what they bring into the relationship? What makes a true love relationship any different from a common everyday relationship, such as a Mother, Father, or even an acquaintance? Why can't we, as human beings, share more of our love with everyone, instead of just that one person whom we consider to be a "soul mate"? This is not to say that I am speaking of polygamy (not that there is anything wrong with polygamy), by any means, but I am talking about all kinds of love for everyone. Yes, everyone. Is it possible that this true love is really a focus for all of that love that every human being has for everyone, unknowingly? There's a big part of me that doesn't want to love someone more than anyone else, even at 13 I never thought that idea was very fair.

The question is: how would I gain that balance, but still find that person that I want to spend the rest of my life with?

No comments:

Post a Comment