Tuesday, June 8, 2010

M.I.A & Flaking - A Girl Drama.

It's been 11 days since I have heard from Shannon, the girl that I have been seeing consistently. We had plans to go dancing at her friend's DJ Mix party last Saturday, but she never called. I'm terribly disappointed with her behavior. I have called her numerous times, at first making excuses for her that she might be busy, at work, or unable to answer the phone, but if there's been one thing that I've learned about her so far it's been that she was always able to get back to me, even when she was at work. I don't understand what I did wrong. At first, I was really hurt that she was avoiding me, now I'm just very disappointed and a little angry. I did nothing wrong to deserve this treatment, so why then must I endure it?? I, at least, thought she would have the balls to pick up the phone and be honest with me about what she was feeling. Now she's just a coward.

To make matters worse, I forgot to get my California I.D back from her before heading home the last time I saw her. She was holding it for me when we were at the bar and I was so wasted I didn't think much about it. I realize I can always go get another one, but it makes me angry to think that I should allow myself to be treated like this, especially by someone who has something of mine. It's not fair.

I thought she was someone I could trust. I never thought that she would do this to me. Regardless of the fact that both of us were not interested in something serious, I still considered her to be a friend. What I can say now is that I did learn a lot from this experience. It's not worth trusting someone you don't know until you're sure about their intentions and the way they might react. It's within your best interests to simply be cautious, but not too suspicious. At this point, whatever excuse she may have I wouldn't accept from her, although I would forgive. All I expect is an apology and the I.D back. I would not have any plans to go out with her again even if she DID come up with a good excuse. I'm no sucker and if she doesn't have any plans to return my calls and let me know what's going on with her than she doesn't deserve anyone in her life until she's capable of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment